Aion Classic EU Changes

Couple weeks ago, Aion Classic EU changed their .bin from (aionclassic.bin) to (aion.bin). Because of this change, most users have had to switch from the Classic server to Europe to be able to connect to the servers with mudfish now:

Anyway we could get the Classic selection updated so that it works with Classic now?

Thanks in advance

Something is werid. “Destinations” isn’t used for “the connection” to the game server. I mean that it’s only used to measure RTT (round trip time) between mudfish nodes and the game server.

So changing the destination doesn’t point anything in a view of the game client and it should not affect to the game experience. As mentioned it’s only related to RTT graph in Mudfish.

So it’s weird to me that after changing the destination it solves your problem.

Are you meaning that when you select “Europe (Germany - Aion Classic)” destination, the ping isn’t same with what the game client points?

Yes. I need to track down the discussion in another discord, and I can send some screen shots.

This is everything that was said, and after changing the connection to Europe(retail), mudfish is working with Aion Classic.

That conversation is about a DPS meter that some of us use not currently working with mudfish, but I don’t think it’s a mudfish issue. I say this to give context to the conversation, not that you have to troubleshoot it xD

So, we’ve discovered why the Myaion dps meter is no longer working with mudfish. After almost of year of using it with Fast Connect and WFP settings on, now WFP has to be off. I tested, and it’s the only setting that has to change. Here’s the screenshot from the discod support for Myaion:

I know you’re likely busy, but if you could look at this when you get a chance, would be great. Thank you!

@Darin Is https://myaion.eu/DPSMeter what you’re using? If then I don’t think it’s compatible with WFP Item mode because this problem is working on based on npcap.

WFP Item mode is working based on Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) while it’s working based on BPF (Berkerly Packet Filter). So each has different packet approach. So it’s not compatible each other.

I’ve ran them together, with fast connect + wfp and myaion DPS meter for almost a year. About a month ago, they stopped working together. If the answer moving forward is without wfp, than that’s fine. I just don’t understand what happened the previous 11 months that allowed the 2 to interact with no issues.

Thanks for your time and looking into this, much appreciated.

I see. As you might guess, the fundamental reason is WFP Item mode. When this mode is enabled, Mudfish applies to two processes:

• NCLauncher2.exe
  • Aion.bin

In the past, aionclassic.bin process wasn’t applied by WFP Item mode (because it’s not on the above list) but you said that the binary name is changed from aionclassic.bin to aion.bin. Due to this change, I expect that it’s started to be applied by WFP Item mode.