Aion Classic Got Banned

Been using Mudfish to play the new Aion Classic. I equipped the new Aion item that was recently changed and had the node set to Auto. About 10 hours ago my account got banned “for suspicious activity” related to IP addresses which I can only assume is because of connecting though Mudfish. I’ve put in a ticket via email with them, hopefully I get my account back. :frowning_face:

The same happened to me, already got my account back but i’m worried i’ll get banned again

How did you get your account back so quick?

I emailed them immediately after but I’m still waiting…

it took like 16h for me to get unbanned, it depends when did u send the email

The appeal email address they give you, appeal@ncsoft.com

@Somuchpro @spart Sad to hear that this issue happened with your accounts. However please read ToS (Terms Of Service) of their game whether they allow a connection via VPN because mudfish is based on it. If they don’t allow VPN connection, frankly I can’t recommend to use mudfish. :slight_smile:

And please note that if you’re using mudfish, your public IP will be changed to the public IP of mudfish node you’d picked. So the game publisher thinks it as “suspicious activity” whenever you change a mudfish node.

Officially their policy is “at your own risk” which is pretty much the same policy as most online games. People have been using VPNs to play Aion since it launched in 2009.

What I suspect happened is botters/hackers are also using your VPN service and we got caught up with that because our IPs matched. It appears to be a banwave as people have reported it on other VPNs too including on reddit.

@Somuchpro Thank you for your feedback. :slight_smile: Then I see and hope that this issue doesn’t happen again.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.