All nodes for NA ffxiv have High Packet Loss / System Load

At least for Aether, there are only 2 west coast based nodes that do not have high packet loss and/or system load (which are only temporarily good), making it impossible to use the vpn at all without terrible lag. Is this due to the west coast heatwaves and will resolve with time or is there another issue causing this. Playing with my fluctuating east coast ping is getting rough and I do not want to go looking for a new vpn if I do not need to.

2 Likes

Frankly at this moment, I can’t figure out why. When you get a chance, Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 204.2.229.92 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - US West (AETHER)) using How to use WinMTR link.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

I am not sure how this will help since the problem are the Mudfish nodes, not my own network but here are the results I am getting.

929fe7d68bf0c94d102916f90b8459b6

without the hosts for security reasons.

Thank you for this result. :slight_smile: Please note that your issue is starting at Nr 4 with 1% packet loss. However not sure that where it’s because you didn’t show me.

Please check the IP address of Nr 4 and check whether it’s at your ISP level or not.

Thanks for your help but I am not convinced its on my side as every other vpn I have tested works fine so I will just use a different one for now and hope the packet loss for these nodes goes away eventually. And the fact 1% packet loss is not the 5-30% packet loss the nodes are showing.

Did you test it while mudfish was running or not? Frankly I can’t check the IP address of your result so hard to tell that it’s at your ISP level or other parts. :slight_smile: