AU Oceania (Sydney - Amazon EC2) congestion

I suspect with all the extra traffic from the FINAL FANTASY XIV expansion Endwalker, your one and only EC2 node in Australia is hitting congestion every night during Australian peak hours. This obviously makes RTT really inconsistent.

Australians tend to prefer this node over the others because there are not a lot of routes from Australia to Japan, and EC2 usually gives consistently good results. Any chance you’d consider spinning up a second node on EC2 in Australia please?

@aethe Thank you for your feedback. However we need to investigate this issue a little bit more to know where’s from.

Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 124.150.157.1 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Asia (Japan - ELEMENTAL)) using How to use WinMTR link. I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

Thanks for your response. I noticed a new AU Oceania (Sydney - Amazon EC2 2) went up and since then I haven’t been able to reproduce the congestion issue, so I think this has worked a treat.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.