China Access

For a few months now Mudfish has been blocked when connecting from China. It will load the login page, but anything entered results in an incorrect login error. If I turn on my VPN I can login fine, but naturally the ping is terrible. Once logged in, I can turn off my VPN and sometimes it will still connect, but the ping is still not good, it doesn’t show any of my credits, and I get error messages that Javascript isn’t loading correctly.

Is there any option or plan to fix this? I still had credit that I can’t use, I’d really like to continue using Mudfish but obviously it’s not good if I can’t connect from CN.

As you might guess, GWF blocks most of domains and IP address of mudfish.net. :frowning: So at this moment it’s not easy to access from China. We have a plan to bypass but it requires major changes on both mudfish server sides and client sides. It’ll consume some times to be deployed in the production.

Thanks for your feedback and really need your helping to expedite

@ondognfriend When you get a chance, please check Connecting Mudfish in China link and try to use it. Today I’d internally released mudfish v5.2.0 to solve this issue (accessing from China). I hope it works for you.

I can confirm that it works with 5.2, but this isn’t any different than how I fixed it with 5.1.2. Meaning the new version doesn’t change anything on our side for connecting in China. Using the DNS tool worked for 5.1.2 as well, although finding a node that works is still difficult. Also, the ping is only a little lower than connecting without the tool.

The Connecting Mudfish in China page lists 3 other known IP addresses that work, is there a way to see what node those addresses connect to? When I go to the node list it doesn’t show the IP addresses unless I click each of them individually.

Make sure you turn off SMHNR, it helps the ping a lot. If you have Win10 Pro you can use gpedit.msc to do this, otherwise, you’ll need to do it through the registry in 10 Home.

You can see the instructions at https://superuser.com/questions/966832/windows-10-dns-resolution-via-vpn-connection-not-working, halfway down the page, the answer by LikeaRock47.

Hi Admin, I am using this App by iPhone (iOS13.1.2), but seems that so far still can’t connect to Mudfish in China, can you help to fix? Many thank s