Dota 2 Sea server location

Hi there,
I’ve been using this on and off for a little over 2 years now. There used to be an option to choose Asia(Singapore) for when setting up an item for dota 2, this helped as I could see the ping to the dota 2 sea server after an RTT update. 110->90 by using mudfish
from my limited knowledge this started like 3 months back. could be caused by
sgp-1.valve.net being down
sgp-2.valve.net is the only one up, not sure if mudfish actually uses those server to test for best routing path.

Currently when setting up routs using Asia(Phillippines) it gives 180+ pings and in game 300+ as server are in Singapore I believe, basically making me have to guess what servers to use and rely on refreshing in game ping to test.

Any chance this can get looked in to?
this is Australia → Seas server.
Thanks.

Btw for those who have the same problem,
there is a work around for now, making your own SG server dota 2 item

following this Item · MUDFISH

and using 103.10.124.1 for the IP destination, not sure what the routing table needs but putting down sgp-2.valve.net worked fine for me as in the screenshot.

Could you please check it again? I’d added “Asia (Singapore)” destination in Dota 2 game item. So I also used 103.10.124.1 IP to calculate the ping.

1 Like

looks good to me, thanks for the quick fix!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.