FFXIV connection issues since 05/24/2022

Greetings, I would like to know if there is anything that could be done in relation to this problem I have been facing since patch 6.11(05/24/2022).

Since that patch Square Enix made structural changes to connect the multiple data centers so I would assume there could be something related to it, or Mudfish have only been affecting the connection servers(lobby).

Mudfish does reduce my ping to the lobby server(in my case Primal data center) 204.2.229.10,
but after connecting to instanced content(handled by the instance servers) my connection gets worse than without using it. Checking on Resmon it says I’m connected to the IP 204.2.229.95 when actually playing the game.

I have been using the “US West - Google 3” node, it have been consistent for the most part but sometimes it spikes up to 280ping, instead of usual 173.

Thanks in advance!

@kingdomofangels1 Are you meaning that your ping spikes to 280 ms and keep it until you ends the instanced content?

Please check How do I know if its working? link and check that your realtime traffic graph moves actively while you’re playing the instanced content.

Up to 21:45 I wasnt in the said instanced content, but upon entering… it happened again, and from there it stays like that

:frowning: Umm… It’s not easy to explain. This points a packet loss. So this means that the packet was dropped at somewhere.

Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 204.2.229.15 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - US West (PRIMAL)) using How to use WinMTR link.I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.