FFXIV freezing 2-5 seconds or disconnecting when using Mudfish

Up till recently Mudfish VPN was working great with only a couple hiccups here and there, which switching to a different server would usually fix. Recently however, my game has consistently been freezing 2-5 seconds on just freezing until the game disconnects and this has been happening on every server I have tried. I thought it might have had to do with the fact my dashboard was not up to date but updating it did not help. I was wondering if there is something on my end that could have changed that is causing this. I have been using West Coast (US) based servers around multiple server areas trying to find one that would not have this issue but have not found it.

When I checked your configuration, I can see the following error message:

[26.007222] [WARN] MUDEC_00179: Path MTU is wrong. (532/1300)

Did you check MUDEC_00179 error link before?

I did not since it always came up and then disappeared and never seemed to impact anything but that’s a good call, kinda got too used to it to consider it.

Edit: From what I can see, its hard to pin point what this would cause. For most it does not even affect anything, and being I had no issues for 2 months before this, it would be weird for this to suddenly be a culprit. And the “could be a little complicated” solutions go right over my head.

If it works fine for 2 months with Path MTU 532 bytes, it might not be a culprit for this issue. When I checked your account, it seems you’re using FastConnect mode too. Did you try to test after disabling it whether it’s same?

Have not. I will give that a try. Also been using FastConnect the entire time. As for the MTU, I don’t know what is 532. I checked the network driver and it was 1500 like it wants so not sure why I am getting that warning.

Edit: I actually have to use FastConnect or I just get the same ping I have without using the vpn. Forgot that was the whole reason I turned it on.