FFXIV - Huge ping increase for regular nodes

I’ve been connecting to the Light datacenter and it was fine earlier this morning about 10 hours ago, but as of about 3-4 hours ago, the regular nodes have shot up to 450+ ping. My usual ping is 170 when connecting to those nodes. There are no nodes below the 450 mark anywhere, whereas before the Europe nodes were all at around 170.
I have checked on my side and restarted everything and it is fine.
Any ideas? Are the nodes having problems?

Similar problem but for League (connecting to NA from KR). Starting yesterday the ping is waaaaaay higher for all nodes.

EDIT: I should note that my overall ping to the NA servers without VPN has also shot up, so I’m more wondering if there’s some sort of global issue going on with international connections, given my problems seem to have started at a similar time to yours.

@Naeryx Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 195.82.50.50 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Europe (Germany - Light)) using How to use WinMTR link. I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

Same thing here, nodes used to show 60-80 RTT avg, then about 2 months ish I sometimes started seeing 1 particular node in France at 70 RTT avg, and the rest at 200 (they were US/Asian nodes), no other EU node.
And then ~2 weeks ago both the RTT avg and Std of all nodes started showing up with values above 450:

When I connect to one of them however, the Realtime RTT shows normal values:

I did test with WinMTR, but all I was seeing was higher packet loss with mudfish connected.

I checked the RTT Information Inquiry, and this is what I got:

the RTT graphs are pretty much the same for each node: a massive ping spike of 1000ms+ that lasted for 60% of the duration.

Weird… I can’t find a clue relating to this issue at this point… :frowning: Might be a problem of calculating RTT between mudfish node and the game server. Let me check this issue little bit more.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.