FFXIV San Jose Nodes

Hello! I play FFXIV on Primal, from Europe, and I usually use any of the US West - San Jose nodes. For about a week now however, they have all been giving me horrible lag spikes that make the game nearly unplayable. These spikes come and go at random intervals, sometimes even right as I launch the game.

Let me know if I can provide any further information!

Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 204.2.29.18 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - US West (PRIMAL)) using How to use WinMTR link.
I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

Hello!
I wasn’t sure if IPV6 had to be checked for the test so I did it with and without, the first one is without Mudfish active.
Capture d'écran 2024-07-30 105436

Capture d'écran 2024-07-30 111755

Hopefully this helps. I stopped using the San Jose nodes because they all had hight ping, and the San Francisco nodes started having the same issue soon after.

Thank you for these screenshots. When I reviewed these results, I can’t see any issue between your desktop and mudfish node you picked.

The problem is that it seems there’s a problem between a mudish node and the game server. These results point that ntt.net line isn’t stable. So I think you need to change a mudfish node to another which doesn’t use this ntt.net line.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.