FFXIV 'Today's Paths' are worse when using Mudfish

(Apologies, I’m not sure if this considered ‘Technical Support’ or ‘Uncategorized’.)

Been using Mudfish for FFXIV for quite some time. I play from Taiwan. For many months, I’ve had no issues with the nodes. Been getting consistent 125~135ms.

Just last week, all my routing paths give me worse latency numbers (144+) and high fluctuations than playing without it, and I don’t know what is wrong with it. I also use an ethernet cable so I don’t why it feels so unstable. This has been happening for quite sometime, and everyday when I check today’s paths they just get worse and worse.

Please educate me whether if I’m doing something wrong. Thank you.

Here are the following screenshots, I’ve also provided an WinMTR when I don’t use Mudfish.

TodaysPathes

winMTR

Please consider to check your ISP first. When I checked the result of WinMTR, it seems RTT stddev values are quite unstable.

For example at Hop 3 ~ 4, the worst ping is relatively high while the average ping is low. And at Hop 4, it shows 11% packet loss.

And Hop 6, Worst ping is 277 ms while Avrg is 6ms. It looks it’s caused by your local ISP.

Thank you very much for the explanation!

I looked around and called up my ISP to ask regarding the issues.
Unfortunately they couldn’t really solve anything because they don’t seem to see any problems with it.
I guess I don’t know what to do now but to wait until I get better Nodes again.

Update:

I just checked with Mudfish and it looks like it finally has provided me with a better selection :grinning:

I’m relieved to have things back to ‘normal’ so I took thee time to check whether my ISP fixed anything using WinMTR. It doesn’t seem like anything changed.

WinMTR20210625

So…was this still an ISP problem?

When I compared the previous and current results of WinMTR, it says now that its packet loss rate and Worst values become lower than before.

But still it shows that your local network aren’t stable enough because its RTT stddev looks still high in my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.