Final Fantasy XIV constant disconnect issue and unstable RTT

Hi Mudfish support,

I would like to request for technical assistance on an unstable connection while using Mudfish to play Final Fantasy XIV on Elemental Data Center from Malaysia. When I first paid for Mudfish last week, it was quite stable although I still got disconnected, it was rare and the connection is smooth and responsive. But somehow it became totally unplayable this week. Please help to look into this and provide technical support to identify and resolve these difficulties.

I also noticed the best RTT node (currently Conoha) was not stable but the node Tokyo - OneProvider is stable (not disconnecting). However, either of them seem to be causing unstable RTT with some time ping hitting 300ms and back to 80ms constantly.

Besides that, I also noticed when on Conoha node, the packet took 18 routes to the game server while OneProvider takes 12. Without connecting to any node, the trace took 16 routes.

I have searched and read some related topic in this forum and followed the advice there, but it did not resolve my issue.

Here is thing that I’ve done:

1. Set Connection Protocol to TCP from UDP
  2. Set MTU based on the FAQs
  3. Set RTT ping method to different one (was UDP and now TCP)

I attached three dump files for your reference and sent it to your email with my user name as the tile (support@loxch.com).

1. ppt_longspikeAndDc.pcap file

This on Pay Per Traffic mode with Basic mode on auto node selection. Your algorithm selected the Tokyo Conoha node. While using this node, I encountered a few 10s-20s long moments where the game won’t update the screen, probably due to packet drop. Then at the end of the dump I encountered disconnect.

1. dc_login_fullvpn

I switched to Full VPN mode and selected the same Conoha server as the node. But the game immediately disconnected after login. I also can’t browse any website.

1. fullVpn_diffNode

I switched the node again in Full VPN mode (sorry I forgot which node I chose), and I no longer disconnect.

I’d leaved my answer at other topic you created at Private Support menu. Please check it there. :slight_smile: You can find your topics at https://mudfish.net/forums/iwrote link.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.