Granblue Fantasy (Chrome)

Hello,
I have a question regarding the Mudfish Launcher and Chrome Extension. The Granblue Fantasy (the game works via Chrome) is picked up.
It seem to be working fine with the Mudfish Launcher and the ping reduction is noticeable. Pinging the server proves it right too, ping drops from ~240 to ~130 with a good node.
However - does it actually consume any external traffic from the different apps/browsers? For instance when I run the Mudfish Launcher with the Granblue Fantasy (Chrome browser) and also use a different browser like Firefox to watch Youtube, Bittorrent client, Steam or something like that? Does it affect it or not?

The other question is when I use Chrome extension and select the server (JP Asia - Tokyo - Yahoo Japan) to play Granblue Fantasy, it feels like the latency is actually higher compared with the launcher and the ping is worse. Why is that? Is there a way to measure the ping to the game server with the Chrome extension?

What’s actually the best way to isolate Granblue Fantasy with Mudfish in Chrome so the external traffic wouldn’t bleed out and waste the tariff plan?

If you’re using “Mudfish Web Extension for chrome” only, it affects to your browser activity only. However if you’re using Mudfish Launcher (aka Mudfish Cloud VPN), please check CDN and Mudfish for details. It could be affected by CDN traffics.

Mudfish for chrome extension doesn’t provide a way to measure a RTT at this moment. At it looks it’s not easy to measure too via chrome. If there’s any interface within the game client, it’d be best way to measure the ping.

Thanks for a reply.
When I use the browser extension, should I select Vladivostok - JSC 2 as a server?

I’m little bit confused. When I see your screenshot, this isn’t browser extension. It’s a part of Mudfish Cloud VPN program.

So I’m not sure you’re using the browser extension for mudfish or Mudfish Cloud VPN program at now… Could you please check it again?

No. I think you can pick and use any mudfish nodes what’s working.

Sorry for the late reply and my poor explanation.
I was trying to figure out which node to use with a browser extension that would give me the same results as I have with the launcher, hence the screenshot with the launcher.
Since I was unable to measure the ping with the browser at that time, I was unsure of I was using a correct node that would have the same ping as I have with the launcher and its settings.

For instance, RU Europe (Vladivostok - JSC 3) → JP Asia (Tokyo - Equinix)
Should I choose RU Europe (Vladivostok - JSC 3) as a browser extension node or JP Asia instead?

Another question is about Expected RTT Avg. / Expected RTT Stddev. - Should I prioritize the lowest Stddev. among the paths with a similar ~130 ping?

Thanks for help.

As you can see, this result assumes that “Advanced node mode” for the game item at Mudfish Cloud VPN because it uses 2 mudfish nodes to route. However the mudfish browser extension doesn’t support this mode. So you can assume that you’re always using ‘Basic node mode’ via 1 mudfish node.

In my experience, if their RTT avg values are similar, my answer is yes. I recommend to pick a mudfish node whose RTT stddev is lower.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.