Guild Wars 2 Full VPN / WFP for twitch stream

Heyo there, I play Guild Wars 2 and twitch streaming as well. Unfortunately they both using Amazon Cloud Network. In order for me not to cap my Mudfish traffic limit (currently on 4-1 Subscription), I tried Full VPN / WFP combo, but it doesnt go smoothly like I thought. Here are some problem I encounter. I hope I can get help solve these issue.

First, I found that I can’t exclude all non-game programs. I tried to exclude all (visible) programs on WFP list that eat my traffic except the game exe file. Weirdly enough when I run my game, my traffic is capped on 1MB. I know this isn’t all the game because when I play on [Item Based] my Realtime Traffic rarely hit 1MB even during loading or playing. Is there an advance mode for WFP or something to resolve this?

Second, After I restart (stop and quit Mudfish on the taskbar), WFP wont work anymore. For example there are 2 programs, A.exe and B.exe. If I add A.exe to exclude list, the page will refresh. I will see both program on WFP list and only program A in exclude list. Then if I stop Mudfish and close it (restart), I only able to see my exclude list, there isnt any program in WFP list even though program B is running.

If then, could you please tell me the exact process name of Guild Wars 2 game? If I can get it, I can update the Guild Wars 2 game to support WFP Item Mode.

Might be a known issue of Mudfish? How many process did you try to exclude? If I remember correctly, I got a bug(?) report that the process exclusion doesn’t work properly if no. of processes are over 10 ~ 13… Please try to reduce no. of process if this is a case.

Not sure for this case. Could you please send me Problem Report while this issue is happening? I need to check the internal logs.

If then, could you please tell me the exact process name of Guild Wars 2 game? If I can get it, I can update the Guild Wars 2 game to support WFP Item Mode.

I believe the exact process name of Guild Wars 2 is Gw2-64.exe . Is this what you looking for? – see attached Picture 1 –

Might be a known issue of Mudfish? How many process did you try to exclude? If I remember correctly, I got a bug(?) report that the process exclusion doesn’t work properly if no. of processes are over 10 ~ 13… Please try to reduce no. of process if this is a case.

I see, I guess it will be problem since there probably more than 10 process working like discord, obs, chrome, dropbox, steam, etc…

Not sure for this case. Could you please send me [Problem Report] while this issue is happening? I need to check the internal logs.

Actually I would like to update, so the only way I able to make the real-time process list work again is by resetting the “Full VPN mode - Exceptional routes”. Restarting Mudfish nor PC solve this. Currently I sending a Problem Report. Hopefully this can help :slight_smile:

I would like to add some more. So I have chrome.exe --see excluded process in Picture 1-- on excluded list but for some reason my chrome browser still get included in “Full VPN” mode. I know it because I tried to speed test and my speed is capped – see picture 2 --. I believe as soon I added chrome to excluded list then my chrome connection will be using my regular connection right?

Mudfish speed test

Okay. Based on this information, I updated ‘Guild Wars 2’ game item for WFP Item Mode. Could you please test with it whether it works fine or not?

Umm… Yes it seems still chrome.exe is affected by Mudfish even after excluding it. :frowning: Let me check the problem report. I’ll leave my comment at there. Thank you for this update.

Okay. Based on this information, I updated ‘Guild Wars 2’ game item for WFP Item Mode. Could you please test with it whether it works fine or not?

I test it for couple days and it works great :smiley: and I didn’t encounter any problem so far <3

Umm… Yes it seems still chrome.exe is affected by Mudfish even after excluding it. :frowning: Let me check the problem report. I’ll leave my comment at there. Thank you for this update.

Thank you for checking for it

I hope with updated WFP mode I able to twitch stream guild wars 2. I will let you know in few days when I have time to stream it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.