hello. I play both FFXIV on an

hello. I play both FFXIV on an NA west datacenter, as well as BDO NA which I know is also a west coast server.

Lately, the RTT avg tests for BDO have been really bad. I have included a screenshot to illustrate this. My gameplay in BDO has been quite frustrating as I quite often rubber-band back quite a distance that is accompanied by a load screen that interrupts my gameplay. Naturally, I attribute this behaviour due to the mudfish RTTs for BDO to be higher than normal.

Usually I see BDO RTT for about 165~170ms avg, which seems quite normal as my FFXIV also pings for the same RTT as theyre both games whose servers are located on the NA West Coast.

I am using fastconnect mode, and I believe I have forwarded my ports correctly.

Is there just an issue with the BDO nodes? or is it more likely I am doing something wrong? Maybe I should turn off FastConnect? Please advise!

playing from Australia. Forgot to include.

MUDEC_00031 , MUDEC_00062 , MUDEC_00064

hello, thanks for the reply.

Could you please walk me through what I should do? I am not very good with computers.

Turn off FastConnect I can do as suggested, but what do you mean by I should pick UDP? Where?

Do I need to do anything else with my router settings?

thank you

Please take a look at Connection Protocols

thank you. unrelated, are you using Chrome as your browser? If so, which theme/appearance is that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, thanks for the help. seems to have improved my gameplay.

That is Mozilla Firefox’s Dark Theme at about:addons on Xfce