Help me bypass ISP Throttle

Hello, my current ISP is throttling connection to many game servers and various ISPs/servers for some reason. I am trying to connect to my self-hosted minecraft server via mudfish. I am able to establish a connection and the ping times are also reduced. But as soon as I open the game and join the server, bandwidth throttle hit and network speed starts to drop (like from 500 kbps to 430 then 300 then 150 then 100 and settles around at 80kpbs) which makes the game unplayable. I tried a different VPN service and that seems to solve the throttling issue, but the ping is very bad there.

I have tested using traceroute, and I am indeed getting connected to one of the mudfish’es servers, but the throttle remains. Not only that, but I have also tried switching mudfish plans (subscription one and pay per traffic). Please help me solve this issue. Thanks.

@yelopanda When I checked your account, it seems your data plan is Subscriptioin. I think your network throttling issue is from Mudfish. :slight_smile: For details of the network speed cap if your data plan is Subscription, please check Data Plans link.

Hello, I just learned that due to an outage, my ISP was throttling connections to all services other than essential and most used ones such as Google, Meta, etc. I think the connection to mudfish’s servers was also being throttled. I was on pay-per-traffic plan before and the same thing was happening, that was why I switched to Subscription based plan thinking it would solve the problem. It is solved now, thank you for your response. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.