Hi I'd like to report a bug th

Hi I’d like to report a bug that occurs randomly with no known way to produce it consistently.

Here it goes:

There are some times where I run Mudfish, the connection will be fine for the first few seconds (the ping graph shows a ping), which is then met by heartbeat errors MUDEC_00235 (the ping graph shows 3000 ping) and then the whole computer will lose its internet connection (very sure that it is not on full-VPN mode and not on FastConnect mode), after a few moments later even the localhost page for mudfish will return error - the only solution is to close Mudfish and then my internet becomes normal again.

Do note that it just stopped working sometimes after I boot my computer and there is no firewall at play here - I used the same computer and same internet connection but Mudfish will sometimes bug out without any settings changed.

Similarly without changing any settings, when the problem happened, it was solved just by restarting my Windows.

Referred to the troubleshooting page and tried different settings like TCP ports, FastConnect, FullVPN all gave me the same result.

Here are the logs that I managed to grab before the localhost page loses its function:

https://pastebin.com/abY0uVAA

I’m using Windows 8.1 64bit Mudfish 4.4.6

I’ve been searching n your forum for similar problem and seems like some other people are having the similar issue like mine.

http://mudfish.net/forums/6/topics/20784

I will be restarting my computer for now to see if the problem solves itself.

EDIT: Yup it fixed itself after a restart.

There are some times where I run Mudfish, the connection will be fine
for the first few seconds (the ping graph shows a ping), which is then
met by heartbeat errors MUDEC_00235
(the ping graph shows 3000 ping) and then the whole computer will lose
its internet connection (very sure that it is not on full-VPN mode and
not on FastConnect mode), after a few moments later even the localhost
page for mudfish will return error - the only solution is to close
Mudfish and then my internet becomes normal again.

Did you try to upgrade or downgrade your network (NIC) driver which is connected with your internet? Sometimes your NIC driver could causes this problem.

패킷 덤프 보내주셔서 감사합니다. :-) 제가 아이템 업데이트를 해보았는데 한번 테스트 부탁드리겠습니다. 시도해 보시고 여전히 제대로 동작을 하지 않는다면 말씀해 주세요.