Installing mudfish on Openwrt e1200 soho router

Hi Ladies/Gentlemen,
I purchased some mudfish credit before realizing that it can’t be used directly for ps4. Upon researching, i found an artlicle that says you can use mudfish on openwrt supported routers. luckily, i have a router in the house that i loaded openwrt on. The problem is i can’t figure out how install mudfish on the router. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please refer to the following link.

Hi, thanks for your help Jmham!
I followed your steps and upon logging to the router i get this:

Mudfish

Basic Configuration

This shows Mudfish basic configuration and current state.

This section contains no values yet

Support

This shows menus for technical supports.

This section contains no values yetmudfish ![mudfish|532x318]

So i factory restoreed the router and started again…This time i got another error :

Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry ‘/admin/services/mudfish-pi’.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:938: module ‘luci.cbi’ not found:
no field package.preload[‘luci.cbi’]
no file ‘./luci/cbi.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/luci/cbi.lua’
no file ‘/usr/share/lua/luci/cbi/init.lua’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.lua’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi/init.lua’
no file ‘./luci/cbi.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/loadall.so’
no file ‘./luci.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/luci.so’
no file ‘/usr/lib/lua/loadall.so’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘require’
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:938: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:937>

Thank you… This stuff has kept me up all night …lol

IIRC you should not perform factory reset feature provided by OpenWRT because it could break another thing. I can’t remember it at this moment. So I recommend to re-image your firmware with OpenWRT v19.07.x.

Then follow the Installing Mudfish · MUDFISH instructions. However please note that you need to install the latest version which found at http://mudfish.net/releases/openwrt/packages-19.07/ link.

I think current document could be old and not be synced with latest information.

I did what you told me to and still got the same error

Mudfish

Basic Configuration

This shows Mudfish basic configuration and current state.

Support

This shows menus for technical supports.

Please can someone help me out with this problem ? This is the third router i’m trying and I’m getting the same thing

@mickdon Did you install two mudfish packets properly as follows?

# opkg install http://mudfish.net/releases/openwrt/packages-xx.xx/<arch>/base/mudfish-pi_2.1.xx-1_<arch>.ipk
# opkg install http://mudfish.net/releases/openwrt/packages-xx.xx/<arch>/luci/luci-app-mudfish-pi_git-xx.285.02627-b9e5d56-1_all.ipk

It looks mudfish-pi_2.1.xx-1_<arch>.ipk package isn’t installed properly in my opinion…

Thank you. I was able to fix the problem; however. the vpn works for everything (windows 10 computer and windows 7) except the playstation 4 that i need it to work for . Do you have any clue what might cause that issue?

1 Like

This is weird. Are you sure that your desktops and PS4 is at the same network? Is it connected with wired LAN cable or wireless?

As you know, this is the mudfish for routers so if it works properly, it should affect to all devices which connected to the router. No exceptional device should happen.

Thank you for your help. I think the problem was from me – i was daisy chaining two routers with the hope of encapsulating the traffic through the first router and then passing it through the other router.
I am getting this error “mudec_00137): ODR_writev() error: ODR_EIO” when i login to mudfish dashboard. I searched to see what this code means to no avial.
The logic being that i don’t want to put all devices in the house on the vpn, since i just need it for my playstation. I took out one of the routers and it started showing that i’m showing my location as tokyo japan. However, my realtime traffic isn’t good and my game still lags alot. I sent a picture of what my realtime traffic looks like below. is that normal? if i may add, the game i am trying to play is pes2020.

Please ignore this error because it’s harmless.

Please confirm that How to check the basic functionality works fine in your environment. It’s a first thing you should test.

quick question and sorry to necro the thread. But how did you fix this issue? im having the same one! Thanks!