Japan servers ping spike last week

Hi I am fairly new to using mudfish and it is so fucking awesome. However, I am trying to play with a friend in Phillipines and the only server we can play on is Japan servers. They used to give me 150ms latency which was acceptable for the game we played (EFT), however now the ping is far over 180ms which is above the max cap set by Battlestate games. Is this something to do with the servers or my own ISP? Because a lot of my friends with different providers are having the same problem.

Did you try to change a mudfish node based on FAQ - Nodes section for your game item?

I think you can start with the basic node mode rather than the advanced / multi-path node mode. If it works fine, you can try to test with Multi Path Mode.

The same is happening to me, roughly same amount of ping increase across all nodes / path motes.

@hakubro Which game did you play when this issue happened? It looks we need to do some WinMTR tests to analyze your network status.

i’ve same problem here to FFXIV because i keep getting high RTT than usual in all nodes

Umm… Not sure why. If you get a chance, please try to test your network status from your desktop to 124.150.157.1 (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn - Asia (Japan - ELEMENTAL)) using How to use WinMTR link.I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

@weongyo I was playing League of Legends.

Here’s my WinMTR tests for both connected / not connected. This was on JP Asia (Tokyo - Psychz).

Connected:

Not connected:

@hakubro Thank you for sending this packet dump. :slight_smile: However did you show me the result to 124.150.157.1 (game server) IP too?

When I checked these results, I can’t see any issues between you and JP Asia (Tokyo - Psychz) mudfish node. So it looks it’s stable.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.