Microsoft Defender SmartScreen flagging Mudfish 5.12.0 and 5.13.0

Hello!

The last two releases of Mudfish are getting flagged by Windows SmartScreen as being unsigned. Is there currently an issue with signing the application? I can’t seem to find any news or documentation about this.

Thanks!

@Unstoppopus Something is wrong. Could you please show me the screenshot for this case? I’m curious which binary file is flagged from SmartScreen. Is it from the mudfish installer? Or some internal executables?

Since Mudfish 5.12.0 and above, our code signing certificate is changed to newer one but please note that you’re only a person reporting this issue at this moment. Please try to test the binary at VirusTotal link too.

Thank you for the reply!

I’ve attached a screenshot of SmartScreen flagging the 5.13.0 installer exe binary file. I have downloaded this directly from here. I have also verified that I am up to date on Windows 10 updates just to rule out any sort of issue there.

VirusTotal’s scan shows Vba32 flagging it as a trojan (I would assume due to it redirecting traffic), however the other systems show as “Undetected”. Here is the link to its analysis. Let me know if you need any more information!

Thank you for this update. :slight_smile: I’d submitted the installer to Microsoft regarding this issue and got the following response from them:

When I checked their report properly, no virus and malware were detected and it’s clean to use. But the problem is that new certificate used by Mudfish doesn’t have enough reputation to pass MS SmartScreen service. :frowning: So it looks like it takes some time until the certificate is trusted by them…

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.