MUDEC_00044/45 in Arch Linux

MUDEC_00044: The client isn’t ready yet
MUDEC_00045: The client doesn’t response with DHCP protocol

I’m getting these 2 errors, I was already online for several hours in Full VPN mode, but after a reboot to the PC this always appears at 98% and never connects.

What arch linux distribution version are you using? And which mudfish version did you use for this testing?

And did you check MUDEC_00044 and MUDEC_00045 error links for workarounds? One thing you can try to use is -I option.

And at latest stable of Mudfish package, we use NetworkManager to assign IP address to the tap interface by using the following commands.

To initialize:

$ nmcli connection show
$ nmcli connection add type tun mode tap con-name mudfish-tap autoconnect no ifname tap0 ipv4.never-default yes

To finalize:

$ nmcli connection show
$ nmcli connection delete mudfish-tap

I guess that something is broken at NetworkManager side.

Hello, I use Arch Linux with 6.1.5-zen kernel, NetworkManager and 5.5.10 MudFish version, I tested with mudrun and mudrun-headless, same result.

I tried with “-I” too, then I get that new one error:

MUDEC_00370: No DNS server change to 10.231.128.1 made.

These errors only happen when trying to use Full VPN mode. In “item mode” everything works perfectly.

(mudrun:310671): libappindicator-WARNING **: 14:51:03.539: Unable to get the session bus: Error al lanzar («spawn») el comando «dbus-launch --autolaunch=dd94eeeef2b144fcb
a5de48e773aca97 --binary-syntax --close-stderr»: El proceso hijo terminó con el código 1

(mudrun:310671): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-WARNING **: 14:51:03.539: Unable to get session bus: Error al lanzar («spawn») el comando «dbus-launch --autolaunch=dd94eeeef2b144fcba5d
e48e773aca97 --binary-syntax --close-stderr»: El proceso hijo terminó con el código 1
fish: Job 1, 'sudo /opt/mudfish/5.5.10/bin/mu…' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)

Running in “items” mode, it crashes only after about 50 minutes and dumps that in the terminal.

When this issue happens, could you please send me Problem Report while this issue is happening? I need to check the internal logs.

:frowning: This isn’t good… To check the mudrun status, please follow:

• When this crash happens, open the terminal and cd /opt/mudfish/5.5.10/var/ directory.
  • At there, you can see mudrun_stdout.txt file. Please try to check the tail of this log file whether it includes some assertion failure. SIGABRT means that mudrun encountered unexpected status and terminates itself due to the failure of assert normally.

I have all the logs here: 2.84 MB file on MEGA

@freeyia Please turn off FastConnect mode if you want to avoid this issue. :frowning: I found one assertion failure case triggered by this issue.

EDIT: I built new mudfish v5.6.1 after fixing this issue and found under http://mudfish.net/releases/mudfish-5.6.1-linux-x86_64.sh link. When you get a chance, please test it and let me know if it’s still the same.

I’m using the 5.6.1 with FastConnet disabled, “items mode” working correctly, it’s stable right now.

Full VPN mode still can’t connect, but I don’t need it for now.

I have recommended to get MudFish service in my server community here and in the Discord group, great support and service =)

FastConnet mode now works stable and smooth with the new version.

The only thing still not working is Full VPN mode.

Here the logs when try to connect with Full VPN mode: 776.2 KB file on MEGA

Thank you for this update and I’m happy that your crash issue is solved. :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing it.

When I checked the latest logs, it still shows MUDEC_00044 and MUDEC_00045 error. No idea why this issue happens only if you enabled Full VPN mode.

I think there’s some problem in your NetworkManager because it seems it doesn’t do as DHCP client to lease the IP address from Mudfish program.

If possible, please download http://mudfish.net/releases/mudfish-5.6.1-linux-x86_64.sh link and install it again. Then please test Full VPN mode feature with -I option again. I slightly modified the code for Full VPN mode case.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.