Mudfish affecting browsing outside of game

Hey there!
So I have been playing Path of Exile with Mudfish for about a week now and everything has been working fine. However, I noticed that when browsing some internet pages would load a lot slower, I thought it was my internet at first but I found out this only happens when I turn Mudfish on, I tested closing the core program and browsing started loading normally again.
I am very confused because this only happens using Microsoft Edge (my main browser) and only when Mudfish is turned on… Mozilla worked just fine when I tested. So for some reason Mudfish is affecting Edge when I am playing Path of Exile.
I have the Cloud Service turned off and use subscription.
Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

@boomway It looks your issue is related with CDN and Mudfish. :frowning: Please check when you get a chance. Sorry for this inconvenience.

hey thanks for the answer! so I read the article and I think you are right. This part: "normal HTTP requests (no relations to the game) could go through mudfish nodes because the DNS server of CDN company responses with the same IP of cache servers" is probably exactly what’s happening.
But I am a little confused because in the “How to avoid” part it says “Or you can change your data plan from PPT (Pay-Per-Traffic) to Subscription to use Mudfish at the fixed price.”
I am already using subscription so in theory this should not be happening? I’m not sure what else I can try doing.
I have used Mudfish with Path of Exile before and this didn’t happen, did something change when the voucher system was added?
Thanks for your time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@weongyo hey there, still having this issue after new update today.
Here’s my biggest confusion. This problem does NOT happen when I use mozilla, but it does in edge… is there a setting I can change so that Mudfish treats my entire pc the way it treats Mozilla?

Sorry for this confusion. Even if your data plan is Subscription, this issue could happen. I meant that it no longer consumes unexpected credits.

In a view of mudfish, there’s no difference between browsers because it only depends on the routing table of OS. So it doesn’t work based on the process.

The only I can imagine is how DNS resolving is implemented in each browser. So I think depending on the DNS result, its symptom could be differents.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.