Mudfish cloud vpn slower than browser extension

My mudfish vpn is slower than browser extension. I checked other topic here which is similar to mine Why is the connection faster i

I tried using both TCP and UDP for connection protocol but they’re about the same speed. Both browser extension and full vpn mode connected to same node. I have full VPN mode on like the creator of that topic but the speed is slower than the browser extension. Maybe it’s related to subscription based? I checked my up+down speed before changing to subscription and it maxes out at 700,000-800,000 bits per second. But the advertised speed for mudfish is 4Mbps burst/1 Mbps which I understand to be 4,000,000 bits burst and 1,000,000 bits per second. So I’m under the 1,000,000 bits per second advertised but I’m still getting slowed down? I haven’t used full vpn mode before subscription and I don’t think I can turn off subscription to check speed without subscription speed limit. I also tested FastConnect option and the when it’s turned on, the game becomes very slow.

This is one what I expected because its implementation is little bit different internally. :slight_smile: So the browser extension has more higher up/down speed than mudfish cloud VPN program.

This part is weird if your speed is under 1M bits/s. Let me test it again though we didn’t change the code at all… However which mudfish node did you use for testing?

Well the speed isn’t the problem. Only the ping is a problem between the VPN program and browser extension. But if the VPN program is meant to always be higher ping than browser extension, I’ll just continue to use the browsers extension. I just thought that maybe using subscription made my ping higher but it turns out VPN program is worse than browser extension for ping.

Interesting… Could you please tell me your ping without mudfish or with browser extension or with mudfish vpn program?

My average ping with vpn on is 120ms. Average ping without is 126ms. I’m not sure how to check my ping with the browser extension.

Umm… Then how did you check that the ping with browser extension is better than VPN program? I can’t follow how you identify that it’s better.

I never checked the ping with the internet browser. The problem is just that my game loads slower using full vpn mode than using the browser extension. So I guess it’s possible the ping is the same. I just thought that since my game is loading faster with browser extension, I thought the ping is lower with browser extension and higher with full vpn mode.

I see. :slight_smile: However please note that in my opinion your ping should be definitely (or almost) same between browser extension and mudfish vpn program because its workflow is almost same.

However as I mentioned in the previous comment, in a view of network bandwidth (loading the game more faster or not) it could be different because its implementation isn’t same. So the browser extension would be more faster due to multiple connections from the browser.