Mudfish Mabinogi Heroes Connection very slow

It’s been some years since i have played or downloaded the game but it seems the connection between me and Mabinogi Heroes regardless of which node starts fast and fine but then throttles down to around 150kbs or so causing me to constantly disconnect and reconnect the VPN. My internet itself is fine. I did a thorough test with that. I remember being able to download the entire game at really fast speeds but now that seems impossible these days.

Edit: Forgot to note that the ping meter does not show any ping loss but the RTT meter barely shows any activity.

Edit 2: I switched my node to Amazon EC2 and then turned on FastConnect and it seems to work very good! I guess FastConnect doesn’t help for other nodes and only specific ones.

Edit 3: nevermind. Speeds slowed back down.

Please send me some game packets using Packet Capture with Mudfish link while playing the game with Full VPN mode.

If I remember correctly, there was no update of Mabinogi Heroes game item so I’m not sure that the current game item of Mudfish is working fine. I need some game packets to analyze this issue.

Once the new update has finished installing I’ll do just that! The update will take probably some days due to very slow download speeds being below 129kbps. It’s a 5GB download since i haven’t played for a while. Unless it’s possible to pull the packets from the server while the client is updating? I could try that if that works too! Although that would probably only account for the client updating and not the game server itself.

I ended up using exitlag to update the game which was fast and successful. I did capture the packets on full VPN mode and submitted the capture!

I’d left my answer on the packet dump topic you uploaded at Private Support menu. Please check it there. :slight_smile: You can find your topics at https://mudfish.net/forums/iwrote link.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.