Multiple Mudfish Accounts on Same network

Hello I have a good experience when using a single PC with Mudfish but when my girlfriend uses Mudfish (her own account) on her own PC, the internet becomes very unstable. I think there is conflict happening when there are 2 mudfish connections running on the same local network. I am not sure. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

We are both connecting to the FF14 servers if that helps.

@aransamson This issue isn’t easy to say the answer… Did you and your girl friend used the same mudfish node? Or used different mudfish node?

If you both used the same mudfish node, please consider to use different mudfish node.

Wait, now that I am testing out more things, I think the issue is still apparent even with just one mudfish program running.

The behavior is like this:

When a mudfish application is running, even if not connected to any node, the internet becomes very unstable (slow load time, time-outs). The only way to fix it is to reboot the PC and the internet stays normal as long as the mudfish application doesnt get launched.

Another interesting thing I noticed is if I connect to a node for a game, the internet connection to that game is very good… but other internet services like browsing and other games become very unstable. To fix this again, PC needs to reboot and internet becomes stable.

I am not sure what this would mean. I hope you can help

At this point (mudfish is running), did you just run Mudfish Launcher? Or did you run Mudfish Launcher and connect to the mudfish node also?

No idea what’s happening in your desktop when your internet becomes very unstable. It seems it’s not normal.

Hello again!

I think I have a few ideas as to why I am having issues. Can I ask if you have any information regarding some of my modem/router settings and how they interact with Mudfish?

I have these options for ALG, should I have any them off or on?

TFTP Passthrough
FTP Passthrough
PPTP Passthrough
RTSP Passthrough
L2TP Passthrough
H323 Passthrough
SIP Passthrough
IPSEC Passthrough

In my opinion, my answer is no. These protocols aren’t relate to mudfish at all.

In that case. I am now sure what is causing my issues.

My ISP throttles my internet when it detects Mudfish active. I did some testing and it has the same behavior or other VPNs. I asked other people who use the same ISP and all of them experience the same problems.

I will be subscribing to a new ISP now… haha

:frowning: Ooops… Interesting… No idea why your ISP decided to throttle the traffics of mudfish… If then did you try to change Connection Protocols to another?

Sometimes it could bypass the detection of your ISP.

yup I tried all of them and still the internet goes bad. I did some research and other people really do have internet issues when using any tunneling service or VPN with my ISP.

I already installed a different ISP and even if me and my girlfriend uses mudfish at the same time, we don’t encounter any issues.

Thank you for all the help! :smiley:

1 Like

Just for reference for other people with similar problems, I thought it was because we had two users using mudfish on the network but the real reason for the issues was the ISP. Consider doing research on ISPs that have issues with VPNS and tunneling services.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.