NA League of Legends - RTT and Ingame Ping Issue

Hi there,

I’ve recently been attempting to lower my ping to the NA League of Legends servers via Mudfish to mixed success.

There appears to be an odd discrepancy between Mudfish’s displayed ping and my in-game ping. On the Mudfish dashboard, connecting to a node close to my location (in this case, a Seattle node) will show the expected approximate RTT of around 34-40ms. However, pinging the server IP I’ve seen in other posts (104.160.131.198) via command prompt will give me an RTT closer to 57-60ms, and my in-game ping is even higher at around 82ms.

On the other hand, connecting to a Mudfish node closer to the physical location of the servers (Chicago - Vultr 5) will do the opposite: the RTT graph on the dashboard shoots up to around 90-100ms, the command prompt ping is around 80-100ms, and my in-game ping hovers around 49-51ms. However, the connection is unstable and occasionally jumps the in-game ping up to 120ms+ for brief periods.

I’m assuming that this is caused due to a routing issue, but I’m unsure. I’ve done the Basic Functionality test with the full VPN, and it works as expected, but the RTT graph ping and my ingame ping are still wildly different, even with the full VPN enabled. Is there anything that can be done on my end to solve this problem?

Sorry for this inconvenience… :frowning: Might be an issue of RTT calculation target used by mudfish in my opinion. Please send me some game packets using Packet Capture with Mudfish link while playing the game with Full VPN mode.

I need some game packets to analyze this issue a little bit more.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.