Negative credit, Almost 21 GB of traffic balance is gone

Hello, around 0 AM 2023-July-15 (UTC+7) my time earlier today, I know I had exactly 2.23 USD & 20.95 GB of traffic balance left in my account because I was talking about Mudfish with my friend.
My proof

After that I used Mudfish to play an MMORPG game called Mabinogi, with advanced routing mode for around 4 hours and a half then I went to bed.
After that I woke up at around noon, trying to jump back into the game with Mudfish and I discovered that now I have negative credit and all of my traffic balance is gone.

I also noticed that when I used Mudfish during that time, Mudfish did say something about Mabinogi having some CDN issues but I have also played this game with Mudfish quite a few times in the past and didn’t have this issue. Almost 21 GB of traffic balance gone in 4 hours and a half gaming session is just unthinkable for me.

This is my access log:

I hope someone can explain to me how did this happen, was the issue on me or was it something unexpected that happened on Mudfish’s side.

First sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, I think your issue is related to Amazon EC2, Twitch and Mudfish and CDN and Mudfish links. Please read these documents.

However, I’d reset your mudfish credits a little bit. And when I checked your access log, it says for example that you consumed a lot of traffics while you connected to 52.223.218.113. If I checked this IP properly, this IP is assigned to Twitch. So I guess that your traffics were consumed while you watched Twitch.

1 Like

That is quite an unexpected root cause and yes I was indeed watching Twitch content in 1080p while having mudfish connected to item Mabinogi so your deducted explanation is probably correct and that is quite unfortunate.

I have read about the documents you linked in the reply and I will try and see if I could do anything about it to prevent this from happening again or at least mitigate the issue in the future.

I have checked and confirmed that my puny credit is indeed reset and ready to be used again so thank you for the quick reply and also provided me with a solid explanation and some solution to the problem. Have a good day :wave:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.