Peculiar connection setting issues

Hi! Got back into trying Mudfish again after connectivity issues in Tree of Savior recently and re-encountered an old problem I once had in Blade and Soul NA several years ago. Basically what happens tends to be the TAP-V9 Virtual Adapter ends up being seen as Unidentified Network while Mudfish Dashboard indicates Setup is stuck at 10%.

Self-Diagnosis shows that the connection to the KR UDP and the last private network test both fail often, and I’ve tried several setting changes such as picking different UDP ports and having the -I extension modifier on to no avail. Having the VPN go full seems to work fine but things time out more often for some reason. Can capture logs if needed.

Thank you!

Please confirm that How to check the basic functionality works fine in your environment. It’s a first thing you should test.

I grabbed these screenshots for now on a recent test. Full VPN mode “seems” to work until I check the Self-Diagnosis test and the last 2 items fail often (S. Korean UDP test fails very often, and Private Network Test either retries and fails, or is stuck on retry). Also, I often get UDP errors as well after a bit even after the status bar on main dashboard says it’s 100% complete.

I’ve also tried the -I extension before (as mentioned), as I had a similar problem long ago but at the moment I can’t quite get it to work again like before.

:slight_smile: Interesting dark mode. When I checked this core logs, it seems everything works fine to execute mudfish core processes (mudfish.exe and mudflow.exe) but there’s a problem to communicate with mudfish nodes after setup completion.

Could you please change Connection Protocols to TCP based and test it again?

Hi!

I got back and tested it recently and it looks like switching Connection Protocol to TCP worked in Full VPN mode. Was able to browse (however I did lose connection on my devices connected to WIFI while Desktop was fine). I’m adding screenshots below of my testing.

I got this error message about RTT on the 5th picture when I was browsing a little right before I turned the VPN off.

Also, I did not get screenshots of it but I tried running Mudfish with Full VPN mode off to test if it will work with Tree of Savior but it looked like there was a problem with the node I chose, since it wasn’t responding or something (brought me back to getting stuck at 10% starting). So far at least, full VPN mode does work with some issues. Thank you for your help so far!

Could you please check this issue again? Recently I’d patched the mudfish nodes to fix this MTU issue. If Full VPN mode works fine with TCP connection protocol, it means the basic functionality is fin.

Regarding to MUDEC_00424 error, please check MUDEC_00424 error link for details.

I just tried it now. Mudfish is now able to start with not much of a hitch, except that I lose all connectivity after. TAP-Adapter shows it’s on an Unidentified Network, and any external browsing just stops. Still getting UDP timeouts as well.

:frowning: Still weird… Then please send us Problem Report while you encouter this issue. I need to check the internal logs.