Philippines - Dota 2 Server Error With Large Ping and Packet Loss

Hello Mr. Admins and Support staff, this is going to be a long forum post so please bare with me and be patient and I will be cooperative as much as possible. I have been using your service for months already and you guys have delivered incredibly great service and satisfactory results. However, I wasn’t using the platform’s fullest potential.

THE MAIN ISSUE

Is there a way I can connect to the Hong Kong server in Dota 2?
Here’s the thing, I can only connect to Singapore servers by doing the command:
sdr SDRClient_ForceRelayCluster sgp
This command reduces my ping from 100ms to 75ms which is decent but there’s multiple times where I would have packet loss.

I checked the available servers in your Dota 2 settings and was wondering what if I tried the Hong Kong server, and I did. However, whenever I connect to the recommended (in Hong Kong) it shows 40ms. It’s great that I would have 40ms but whenever I connect to Dota 2, it still shows 65-75ms.

I even inputted this command in Dota 2 so I’ll try to connect to Hong Kong servers but it’s still no good, I still get 70+ms when in fact in your VPN it says 40+ms only.

sdr SDRClient_ForceRelayCluster hkg

Dear admins, please help me solve this problem so I cannot experience high ping spikes in the Singapore server with packet loss, because that’s the main issue I have with Singapore servers, they ping spike a lot and mid game, there’s packet loss. That’s why I’m hoping that you guys could give me a way to connect to Hong Kong servers, thanks a lot!
lil

Also, here’s additional information. When I enter the commands above, this is what Steam (Dota 2) replies after entering the command in the console:

Ping location: sgp=71+7/72+7,hkg=34+1003/101+7,maa=105+1010/104+7,bom=133+1013/121+7,dxb=370+1037/146+7,tyo1=83+1008/151+7,tyo=86+1008/151+7,syd=156+1015/159+7,sea=170+1017/175+1008,iad=258+1025/233+1017,gru=357+1035/365+1017,fra=204+1020/383+7

As you can see, I could also have 34ms in the hkg server, I don’t know why it still shows the SGP one.

Is this sdr command a part of the Dota 2 game client? If then, I have no idea what this command means.

So if I understand your issue properly, it seems you’d like to play the game at Hong Kong game server, right? However is the game client automatically picking a game server you’re connecting?

If it’s, did you try to set a mudfish HK node with Full VPN mode enabled and test it?

Yes I have that issue, I want to play in Hong Kong but I don’t know how to connect to their servers. I wanted to ask for the IP address you guys use to ping Hong Kong servers because I doubt there are Hong Kong servers at all since I can’t find the IP used in those servers. I’ll try the FULL VPN MODE and set it to Hong Kong soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.