Pick multiple "first" nodes for multi-path mode?

From my understanding, multi-path mode sends duplicates packets to different nodes and ends at a single final node, to improve resilience to packet loss.

But this can mean a few things:

1. Me → First nodes → Last node → Server, with packets duplicated between “Me” and “Last node”
  2. Me → First node → Middle nodes → Last node → Server, with packets duplicated between “First node” and “Last node”
  3. Something else?

Which one does Mudfish implement?

And if it’s (1), am I able to pick multiple specific “first nodes” to use? (not just a single first node)
The reason is because I have multiple unreliable uplinks, and I want to set up routing policies on my router to ensure different Mudfish “first nodes” go via different uplinks

The multi-path implementation is as follows:

• You → Last node → Game server.
  • Or you → First node → Last node → Game server. No duplicated packets at the game server because “Last node” checks the duplication and drops it if it’s duplicated.

If your desktop has multiple uplink ports, Mudfish doesn’t use all of them. At this point, it uses only one uplink (default gateway).

So at this point, I can’t pick multiple “first nodes” to use?

Yes. For the first nodes, you can pick only one first node manually. However for other first nodes, it’ll be picked automatically. So the connection will be like as follows:

• You → Last node → Game server.
  • You → First node A → Last node → Game server
  • You → First node B → Last node → Game server
  • You → First node C → Last node → Game server

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.