Prior to this I had a mudfish

Prior to this I had a mudfish node available (Tokyo - Google/Google 2) which had an average RTT of 110 most days to the Primal server in FFXIV (NA). Now, those nodes have a RTT of 200 or so, and the lowest RTT node I can access is 180 or so. Did something happen to that node?

MUDEC_00062

• Please try to turn off FastConnect mode

Still the same result.

You can inspect how network traffic goes on with tools like
WinMTR or
PingPlotter

Here is the result from WinMTR on the Tokyo Google 2 node, if this helps. I’m not sure how to read this, but I hope it’s helpful to you.

Please try to

It seems none of those worked. It might be a node problem, in which case I guess I’m out of luck. Thank you for the assistance regardless. If there’s any way to fix this eventually, please let me know. It seems a lot of FFXIV players have been affected recently, so maybe it’s something to do with the game.

If there’s any way to fix this eventually, please let me know.

Did you really get around 110 ms ping from your location (SG) to US West? It’s hard to imagine how it could be because when I checked your RTT information at least 80 ~ 90 ms requires to reach mudfish nodes at Japan.

Did you check the ping in the game client itself?

No. Is it possible that the RTT information displayed on Mudfish might’ve been misleading? It certainly felt smoother at the time.

RTT updating process may could be delayed depending
on how RTT calculation server is under load. That means it’s estimating,
not actual RTTs.

docs.mudfish.net/en/docs/mudfish-cloud-vpn/faq-nodes/#how-do-i-get-the-updated-routing-paths.

So these behaviors occur showing different RTT values in Mudfish
dashboard and in-game measurement.