PS4 can no longer connect to Mudfish, might be related to DNS?

Hello!

I made a post about this previously, but I was not able to find a solution, and the problems persist… I followed the steps on both this site: How to use Mudfish on PS4 or Xbox - Mudfish Wiki and the one here: Internet Connection Sharing with Mudfish · MUDFISH that was suggested to me by weongyo (thank you for your response, by the way).

The situation is that at some point during November 2021, I stopped being able to connect to the Mudfish VPN on my PS4. I tried reinstalling Mudfish, tweaking the settings, different Full VPN nodes, and so on and so forth. Both the PS4 and the PC are able to detect an Ethernet connection, but my PS4 is not actually getting any internet connection from it. The PS4 tells me that a DNS server cannot be used and that the DNS server did not respond within the time limit.

I tried reinstalling Mudfish and using different Full VPN Mode nodes too, to no avail. Both the PS4 and the PC are able to detect that the Ethernet cable is connected, but there is no connection.

Please help! Thank you!

I made a post about this previously here, but I did not have time to follow up on it and it got closed…

The only other post I saw that described a situation similar to mine is this one: Hi after the update, it seems - Technical Support - Mudfish Forum, but I can’t make sense of the solution provided because I am a Windows user, and I don’t know whether the solution helped. I have tried configuring different DNS addresses, but this did not help either.

I had to make this separate follow-up reply because I can’t post more than two links in one post, apparently.

@NewGenesis I see what’s your concern… However it looks it’s not debugging your issue from my side because it requires more detailed analysis. If possible, you need to check the packet dump on each network interfaces and see how it goes and is forwarded.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.