PUBG (Patch 10.2) high & fluctuating ping, menu buttons disappeared, since 2021/1/11(Mon)

A) What’s your issue encountering?
I have been using your nice program to play PUBG (PC) for a couple months now, and ping were almost always fine/acceptable. Unfortunately, starting from 1/11(Mon) - two days before Patch 10.2 comes to live - problems started

1. The “INITIALIZING” screen suddenly takes 30s or longer than before to load

2. After entered lobby, several buttons on screen, such as “START” (for starting a game), are not showing. Therefore, cannot play/enter a game. I later found a workaround: clicking through several tabs on top for choosing game mode - “ARCADE”, “RANKED”, “TRAINING” … etc. - for a couple times, until the menu buttons started reappearing again (it was strange, but worked). I can start a game now. However, problem 3 happened and doesn’t go away

3. I usually get 50-60 ping, sometimes 150 ping. Since 1/11(Mon), I almost always get 100-300 ping. The ping fluctuates frequently. I also get frequent packet loss (like 2~5%, sometimes more).

4. Although the ping in game is high, the “Realtime RTT” on Mudfish still consistently shows 50-60 ping, which doesn’t represent the ping I actually get in the game.

Unfortunately I can’t play PUBG using Mudfish now, because the actual ping in game is high and unstable

Note:

• There were no hardware, software, driver, internet (in terms of upgrading or downgrading speed), antivirus changes since 1/10(Sun). I updated router’s firmware to the latest version
  • Without using Mudfish, the game works as it should. But I prefer to use a good program like Mudfish to play on the server I want, with a playable ping

B) How could it be reproducible?
I always use “Node Mode: Basic mode”, “Selected Mudfish Node=Auto Selection”, and almost always (like 98%) select “Server Location: Asia (Singpore)”.

No major problems in the past. Above problem didn’t exist on 1/10(Sun). But since 1/11(Mon), even though Mudfish settings are the same, above problems persisted everyday

I hope it can be solved, thank you for your help.

Thank for this detailed explanation. However could you please confirm that it’s also same with Full VPN mode enabled?

Not sure that this issue is caused by the game patch at this moment. But I need to check first.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.