Question relate to Fastconnection mode

Does Fastconnection mode only support one node setup?

When I have a advanceed 2 nodes setup and turn Fastconnection mode on, the ping is much higher in realtime RTT in dashboard so I have to switch to one node setup. However one node is higher ping than 2 nodes mode. Is it worth to use Fasconnection mode with 2 nodes advanced setup?

@longntsp How about when FastConnect mode turns off? I think first you need to compare the ping values with one mudfish node (Basic Node Mode) and two mudfish nodes (Advanced Node Mode).

Normally its ping difference is caused by that the node configuration rather than FastConnect mode.

After doing some tests, I found out that it doesn’t matter what the second node is, all traffic routes in MTR is the same. That mean MudFish ignores the second node in Advance mode.

Here are some screen shots:

FastConnect On:

Basic setup (AU Oceania (Sydney - Linode)

Advance setup AU Oceania (Sydney - Linode) → NL Europe (Amsterdam - Azure)

Advance setup AU Oceania (Sydney - Linode) → DE Europe (Falkenstein - Hetzner)

All above route is then same

FastConnect Off:

Advance setup AU Oceania (Sydney - Linode) → NL Europe (Amsterdam - Azure)

Different routes and much better ping.

Thank you for these screenshots. Yep… If you test with WinMTR, I think this result is expected because FastConnect mode doesn’t handle ICMP packets. As you might know, WinMTR is using ICMP to get the hop information.

Could you check that How to check the advanced node option working document before and test? I think this is one you can try whether FastConnect mode is working or not.

Thanks. I tested it using My IP Item that show it work. However, the ping result in realtime RTT is high so I don’t know if it really help to reduce ping for the game. Is there any way to check for real ping?

Is there any feature in the game client itself to show the current ping? If there’s, I think it’s most accurate value.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.