Quick question related to FastConnect

Hey, quick question related to FastConnect.

I play FFXIV from France, on a Japanese server.
When I’m in game and I change nodes through the Item Configuration page with FastConnect disabled, I get disconnected from the game, as expected.
But I don’t get disconnected if I do that while FastConnect is enabled, which I believe means that even after selecting new nodes, the previous connection is still being used. I have to log out from the game, in which case a new connection using the newly selected nodes is made.
Is this supposed to be the case?

Another thing I noticed, realtime RTT graph still draws something even with FastConnect enabled, but I don’t know what it corresponds to because it’s way higher than the ping I actually get in game. It seems to depends on the distance to the first node but it’s hard to tell. It’s also the same ping that I get when I use Windows’ ping command.
Again, it absolutely have no impact whatsoever in game (I think), I’m just wondering where it comes from. To summarize here’s what I see:

• Normal ping from France to Japan without Mudfish: ~270ms (and a shitload of packet loss)
  • Ping with Mudfish, advanced mode (Moscow - AGPL → Novosibirsk - JSC): ~200ms
  • Displayed ping with Fastconnect (same route): ~340ms (but actually ~200ms in game)

Thanks.

Yes. It’s correct. It’s one expected. If the FastConnect mode is enabled, only new connections are affected by the change of mudfish nodes.

:frowning: Might be a bug of FastConnect + “Advanced Node Mode”… Let me debug this issue little bit more. I need to file a bug. Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.