Realtime RTT doesn't match socket statistics

Hello, I am trying to further optimize my latency. I created some servers in China and Europe to test TCP connections coming from my computer, all sending the same information. The ping measurements in the “Realtime RTT” Mudfish dashboard all show low round trip response times with my selected Mudfish nodes. When I run a tool such as “ss” to gather socket statistics, it shows that the RTT mean (and minimum) for the TCP connections to servers in Europe match what I see on the Mudfish dashboard, which is great news. However, the connections to the China servers are all longer latency, by a random amount. Some have min RTTs that are as much as 50ms greater than what the Mudfish dashboard reports. Why isn’t there a correspondence with my China servers, like there is for my Europe servers? Is this because of the GFW of China and deep packet inspection? Is there something else I can try measuring? I tried using TCP as the RTT Checking Method in the Mudfish dashboard, and that doesn’t make a difference. Thank you!

Might be yes or no. If possible, please try to measure RTT (Round Trip Time) with different protocol. You said that your test is based on TCP so I think you can test with UDP ping or ICMP ping.

Depending on ISPs or GWF of China its result could be different depending on the protocol.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.