Socks5 udp does not work

I read this article that Do your servers support udp pr - Technical Support - Mudfish Forum is supported in the current version, but I can’t connect using proxy client to test UDP traffic

I also read earlier in the year that UDP is currently the lowest priority for fixes? So UDP still does not work wit

I’m not sure if it’s my proxy client or mudfish udp that’s not working properly, but I’ve tested UDP from other proxy and it works fine.

mudfish

Other proxy (based on the Trojan-GO protocol)

Which program did you use to test SOCKS v5 UDP associate feature? And please show me your configuration.

I checked the feature of mudfish nodes for this case, but I can’t reproduce this issue. At least UDP associate feature worked what I expected.

use https://win2socks.com/
Paid Software

I also tested with the nc command in SSH and was unable to connect
Feels like the UDP port is being blocked

@shoutamoon Okay. I’d tested with win2socks an found a reason. The problem was that win2socks test feature uses the domainname field of UDP associated for testing. It’s failed because our mudfish nodes doesn’t support it yet because there’s rare use cases. So I think just skipping the test would work for most of cases.

However to be more perfect, I’d changed a code and upgraded a version of mudfish node for TW Asia (Taiwan - Google 5) at this moment. So you can try to test it again with this node.

If it works fine with this node, all of mudfish nodes will be patched at next server maintainance time.

I have just tested this and the traffic is still not passing through UDP.
Using win2socks is still UdpBlocked

update:
I have also tested games that use TCP+UDP dual protocols, such as the recent AmazonGames New World, and the TCP connection works fine, but the UDP connection does not.

First I used Mudfish VPN v5.4.8, I subscribed to the items in a custom way, I used cports software to check the traffic flow, the TCP connection was normal, but the UDP traffic was not going out, but I also used win2socks to go to another server that can forward UDP and I could access the game.

another server is image

@shoutamoon Could you please test it again with other mudfish nodes? Now I’d updated all mudfish nodes to fix this issue. If I tested with win2socks, I’d checked it works.

Currently I am using “node-tw-00506.mudfish.net:18081

• The mosaic app is using TCP for the game and it works fine.
  • Testing UDP is still the same Received no traffic, new world game is still not logging in.

I’m using another UDP VPN but I can access the game

Update:
I accidentally found out that SakuraNet can be used for Udp traffic.
so, found out that none of these hosts (any country) can use Udp
Maybe the service provider’s firewall is blocking Udp?

• Aliyun, Amazon EC2 or Lightsail, Google, Azure

I tested the following hosts (any country) and Udp is working

• Vultr, Linode, SakuraNet, DigitalOcean

It’s not clear at this point. I need to test this issue a little bit more because it depends on the firewall policy of the server provider. At least the server version of each mudfish nodes are same so the code flow should be exactly same too. Might be other issue.

Maybe it’s time to open up TCP and UDP ports 18081 for incoming and outgoing traffic or all ports for TCP and UDP from the firewall policy provided by the service provider?

@shoutamoon Thank you for your feedback. :slight_smile: While checking the code flow, I found another bug for UDP associate when the network interface of mudfish node has a private IP. So it might be a different issue.

At this point, the issue is fixed and waiting the next release of mudfish server.

1 Like

When is next release of mudfish server expected to be? :blush:

I just tested it and found it working! :heart_eyes:
@weongyo Thank you, 2 weeks of check bug.

@shoutamoon Good to know that it works fine now. Please let me now if there’s any other problems. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.