Steam Deck

Is it possible to install Mudfish in Steam Deck? I tried following the installation guide for Linux (thru Steam Deck Desktop Mode) but I’m having getting the following message:
Verifying archive integrity… All good.
Uncompressing Mudfish v5.5.7…
/bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/opt/mudfish’: Permission denied

Apologies as I’m not very familiar with the Linux system!

1 Like

Hi

I had the same issues. Apparently it needs root permission to change some settings. Which i already tried and somehow managed to install however i still couldn’t able to make it work.

Alternatively I installed it in .exe file format through proton compatibility. But still it refused to work in steam mode.

This is the farthest i have went. Any insight you get on this will be helpful.

Okay. Thank you for your feedback. I’m very new to Steam Deck and this is first support request. So I completed to order Steam Deck and it’s on the shipping and it will be at my home next Tuesday (Nov 15). :slight_smile:

I’ll try to debug why Mudfish doesn’t work on it and try to support it as soon as possible.

@ashcatchem16 @nonsense021 Today I got the steam deck and tried to run Mudfish on it. At the first, there was some hurdles but some workarounds worked. :slight_smile:

If you’re still interesting to use Mudfish onto Steam Deck, please visit the following document:

This guide briefly introduces how to install and run it on Steam Deck. And please try and let me know if there’s any problem with it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! I’ve successfully installed and run Mudfish using the guide you posted!
I hope you enjoy your new Steam Deck :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.