Traffic use mistake - impossible use with my settings

Hi,

My traffic was used impossibly fast. I played Apex Legends for an hour or two with just the Apex Legends ‘item’ ‘equipped’.

Configured to the Japan server via Amazon EC2 (Sydney) > Amazon EC2 (Tokyo) in Advanced mode (not multi path mode) and 25.62 GB of traffic was used, sending me into negative balance.

I am not using full VPN.

Connection and RTT checking are set to TCP.

Under Setup > Program I have Credit Saving turned on

Fastconnect is turned Off

I have Connection Log turned on under Edit Profile > Connection Log
But under Status > Access Log it shows ‘There is no recorded access information.’
If I visit http://accounts.en.loxch.com/accesslog.php there is no data in the table at all.

How is this even possible? Especially with Credit Saving turned on. Can you help me to figure out how all my data was used and if it was a mistake can I get my credit back?

Obviously this is a totally impossible amount of data to be used with this configuration. Please help.

First sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, I think your issue is related to Amazon EC2, Twitch and Mudfish and CDN and Mudfish links. Please read these documents. However, I’d reset your mudfish credits a little bit.

1 Like

Wow, you gave me back a lot of credit! Thank you so much.

Actually, I read that after my original post and I signed up for a second account to test subscription based payment. When that credit expires on my second account I’ll just use subscription based for Apex on this account.

Thanks again for generously refunding almost all of my credit.

By the way, it needs further testing but while monitoring my data use it seems that using Amazon EC2 as a node used significantly more data than other servers for Apex, maybe some conflict with Amazon CDN through Amazon nodes…? Might be helpful to investigate.

Now I’m not using Amazon EC2, Apex is still using a lot of data compared to other games (few hundred mb in a few hours) but not a crazy amount (25 GB in a few hours).

Might also be a coincidence!

@shoyusha :slight_smile: No problem.

However when I checked your current configuration, it seems you’re using WFP Item mode with custom item. Is it working fine?

1 Like

Yes, so far! Thanks for checking in.

The custom item I made is just using P:r5apex.exe rather than addresses and it’s working really well so far.

Apex uses a lot of data (~150mb/hour) compared to other games, but without WFP it used gigabytes in no time.

When you have time, is it possible to update the official Apex Legends item to support WFP mode targeting r5apex.exe…?

With custom items I can only use one server for RTT and I want to help my friends set up Mudfish too, so I’d rather use a proper Mudfish item.

Thanks again for offering such great support for Mudfish!

Good to know that it works fine with WFP Item mode. However I need to think a little bit more to add it into the official game item of Mudfish. In the past I tried to add the process information into the official game item but had multiple complaints from other users that it doesn’t work properly on their environment.

Ok, no problem.

Thanks again for your help. Mudfish can be tricky to use, but it’s definitely the best gaming VPN and it’s also the cheapest. And with such great support, I’ll definitely recommend it to my friends.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.