US West (Los Angeles - Google 3&2)

Hello! I’ve had some really good experiences with Google 3, which allows me to play Final Fantasy XIV at 150-160ms ping (the lowest I’ve ever had), but over the last week it appears to have become terribly unstable, and just now I’m experiencing huge lags. What’s going on? As mentioned in another topic, these are the only real options for South American players, otherwise we’re into 200+ territory.

Please try to test your network status from your desktop to 204.2.229.15 (FF XIV: A Realm Reborn - US West (PRIMAL)) using How to use WinMTR link.I think you need to do two tests; one without mudfish and another with mudfish connected.

I think this result shows you where this issue is from.

Hello! I still haven’t caught the problem again, but here’s a test from one time I had instability that didn’t seem related to Mudfish.

However, I can tell that something is wrong when I refresh RTT and paths, and Google 3 is nowhere in the list of best nodes. Without Google 3, Mudfish gives me a 210-ish ping that’s barely any better than connecting without (though in Mudfish’s defence it’s always been more stable than vanilla ISP).

The Buenos Aires node is now dead, are there any new nodes planned south of São Paulo?

1 Like

Im having exactly the same problem, i get better ping using Google2/3 and its been a few days where it doenst even show, and if it does it start getting lot of spikes and a bad performance.
Tried everything and sometimes using multy patch node does work but not always.
The Differences is that my problem is to Aether and not Primal.

I just refreshed RTT and here is Google 3 (as well as Google 2) missing from paths.

MTR results with Mudfish connected:

MTR results without Mudfish connected:

I can provide the original screenshot for the last one in private if necessary.

I became a subscriber a while ago in order to use multipath mode and that’s what I still use. My selections for multipath are BZ South America (Sao Paulo - G-Core Labs) → US West (Los Angeles - Google 3) and according to the connection graph it also routes through a 3rd US East node that I didn’t select (which is all well with me, from what I understand multipath is supposed to do that sort of thing). Worth noting that while I edited this Google 3 reappeared in the list of paths.

@UragawaKyo @lordnekro Thank you for these screenshot.

When I checked these screenshot, it seems your issue is happening between your desktop and mudfish node.

• 34.94.42.10 IP (US West (Los Angeles - Google 2))
  • 34.102.79.112 IP (US West (Los Angeles - Google 3))

Please test it against the above mudfish US nodes. I think it shows more closer look where the packet loss is happening.

Having issues again tonight, here are the MTR runs (original images can be provided in private).

Google 3

Google 2

@UragawaKyo When I checked this WinMTR result, it shows a part (you masked) points 27% / 17.5% packet loss. I guess that your packet loss are from that points.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.