Using mudfish (without toggling full FPN) makes entire house wifi slow

Hello!

As the title would suggest, whenever I use mudfish (for playing Lost Ark in South East Asia connecting to NA West) the entire household wifi gets slow. An illustration is as follows: (1) I turn on Mudfish Lost Ark); (2) other devices connected to the wifi will have slow internet (or sometimes momentarily be disconnected);

I find this really odd considering that mudfish is only installed and running in my computer. Is there a remedy to this so that only my computer would be connected to the VPN?

@shigi003 As you might guess, this issue could be more related to your home router in my opinion. :slight_smile:

However, did you try to change Connection Protocols to another one? Sometimes this could be helpful.

1 Like

I will try this. On this matter, would you happen to have any advise as to what Connection Protocol I should use? I’m not so knowledgeable regarding this area lol.

I’m only using Mudfish for playing Lost Ark to reduce latency connected from South East Asia to North America West (Oregon)

Just want to give an update just in case some people would have similar problem as mine.

So far I found a workaround that up until the writing of this reply mudfish is not slowing down my entire household’s wifi.

The steps I did are as follows:
1.) I tried the solutions indicated in this mudfish page - Mudfish Master Server · MUDFISH

2.) And then when all of the options indicated therein was not fixing it, I tried the “Connecting Mudfish from China” solution found here: Connecting Mudfish in China - Mudfish Wiki

2.1) I downloaded the Mudfish DNS client
2.2) I flushed my DNS
2.3) restarted my computer

I suspect that perhaps my ISP was blocking my connection to mudfish (Not sure but I suspect it so)

@shigi003 Good to hear that there’s a progress for your issue. :slight_smile: Never expected that your ISP is doing something against Mudfish…

I hope it goes well and let me know again if there’s any other problems with Mudfish.

1 Like

Thanks! after days from my reply above, it would seem that the result is a hit or miss. After doing the above solution, sometimes connecting to the mudfish nodes would work and sometimes it doesn’t. The usual error that would pop is something about “network firewall”.

Whenever that error pops up, the entire household wifi would not work. So its a hit or miss.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.