Valorant disconnects every 2 minutes (WFP enabled)

Hello.

1. I added the Valorant item.
  2. Because When watching Twitch at the same time, traffic is consumed, I turned on the WFP mode (full VPN off).
  3. The game disconnects every 2 minutes (the game disconnects and reconnects after a few seconds).

I tried to turn on “Full VPN”. Result:
Full VPN on + WFP on = disconnects.
Full VPN on + WFP off = everything is fine.

What can I try to do? I don’t like full VPN because… redirects all traffic and consumes it very quickly.

Upd:

The Valorant element without WFP mode works without disconnects (but then there remains the problem of spending traffic when viewing Twitch)
Perhaps WFP does not intercept all traffic from the VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe process or something like that.

I tried to create a custom element, added ALL processes associated with the game there, and enabled WFP mode:
P:VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe
P:UnrealCEFSubProcess.exe
P:vgc.exe
P:vgtray.exe
P:VALORANT.exe
P:RiotClientServices.exe

But intercepting all these processes did not give a positive result.

Have you tried using the subnet instead of the processes.

Just try a custom match on the server you want then in windows capture the IP usually something like 162. the add that as a /24

I find that with League of Legends it’s WAY better to use subnet under custom.

Thanks for the answer!

Tried this:
I tracked through Procmon that VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe sends and receives UDP packets from 162.249.72.1

Created a custom item with a route:
162.249.72.0/24

It seems to be working, no disconnects have been noticed yet, viewing Twitch does not affect traffic. It looks like a solution, although VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe accesses many more IPs (including via TCP, probably some additional game content or something else).

Yes so for me the subnet option works best because you can specifically target the game server.

There are a bunch of other stuff in game like videos and friends list and the vgtray from Vanguard that you ideally want to avoid because it will save you a lot of traffic.

That and you don’t have to worry much about the twitch cdn issue then.

Riot Games uses mostly the 162.2xx but they use a anycast proxy probably to block ddos attacks but you can also steer traffic quite accurately like this.

What I do is I find the best routes from rtt and then switch between a few basic and advance routes once I go into a custom game to get the lowest latency.

Thank you, your method helped! I played a few matches and everything is fine.
I chose your message as a solution, maybe it will help someone else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.