Workaround for Lost Ark's new region block?

Amazon has implemented a new detection system that prevents overseas players from logging in to servers on NA West. Using mudfish doesn’t work anymore, is there any workaround for it?

2 Likes

same here, just recharged last week and worked quite well. Every Na West node is not working after this week’s maintainance.

I wonder if there’s any ip leakage or sth, not sure why it doesn’t work

dont you get banned for using vpn anyways?

same here,does mudfish solve the problem? I can’t connect this game

Is there any reason to still use mudfish over other alternatives? It seems like other companies are able to talk to Amazon to whitelist their network nodes, will this be done for mudfish nodes too? Exitlag now Whitelisted. Also "ExitLag is not a VPN" What? - General Discussion - Lost Ark Forums

I tried Exitlag several times and it does nor work (at least for me, from Korea).

I suspect amazon is manually terminating incoming connections if there are too many from the same IP address. Try switching nodes.

Umm… Not sure how they detect Mudfish. If they start to detect VPN connections based on the process name (mudfish.exe or mudrun.exe), you can try to deploy Mudfish for Virtual Machine and use it to hide the process name on the box.

Never tried this approach. :slight_smile: But no idea Amazon knows Mudfish…

Im almost 100% sure they are checking to see if the tap/tun adapter is running when you auth on login.
I tested this with my work vpn(we use tunsafe) that does not route lost ark traffic at all.

Tunsafe process running but not connected = Successful login
Tunsafe process running and connected = Blocked

This is why my bypass for logging in with mudfish works. The one i posted on another thread where you reach server selection first before turning mudfish on.

The more recent issue of people dc-ing seems to be triggered by having too many people using the same node. As i posted above i suspect they are manually kicking you if you have incoming traffic from same node as many other people.

Perhaps its possible to reach out to amazon support to see if they will consider whitelisting mudfish IPs? According to exitlag twitter they did that. https://twitter.com/ExitLag/status/1535358278351347713

there was a node that worked for me after the IP ban, but it disappeared few days ago ==

Seems they ban ips those used by too many players…
These full VPN mudfish nodes seems all got banned yesterday. ( before yesterday , there still one not banned)

If possible , please try to get new ip of US nodes.

If they block the public IP based on the no. of connections, yep it’s not easy to bypass it unless we get more IPs of mudfish US nodes. :frowning: I’ll try to lease more nodes in US. Thank you for your feedback.

To my knowledge they aren’t outright blocking IPs. They are just kicking you off the server if there are too many incoming connections from an IP address. You can reconnect immediately while using the same node.

I think so! I’m in Oceania and changing to another line helped with the disconnection

I was using mudfish with Lost Ark US WEST perfectly fine yesterday. Connecting from Hong Kong using (Osaka - Tin3) node. But been having issues today when after entering the server. It keeps disconnecting me at character selection screen with “EAC Connection Error” message. Tried different nodes but same thing.
Anyone have any idea how to fix?

For everyone who is having EAC OFFLINE error - #7 by Jormungandrh - English Support - Lost Ark Forums You could try this.

Unfortunately still not working. Tried everything from reinstalling the game, the repairing files on both Lost Ark and EAC, restarting modem etc. Still getting the same issue.

Would love to know if there are any updates for this, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.