Infestation: The New Z Game Item broken - Please help

Hi there, I’m a long time mudfish user that has always been impressed by the quality of your service.

I’m from Australia and should be getting around 135 ping to hongkong servers on NewZ but it seems like their routing is terrible so they give me 215 ping without any vpn:

I tried adding Infestation NewZ Game item on my mudfish admin panel and used a sydney node in a basic mode.

As you can see, the VPN only works on about half of the HongKong servers in game. The ones that your vpn can connect to, it gives me a better ping. But its almost like it fails to detect the other half of the servers and connects me on my normal connection to those with 215 ping.

I tried the same thing routing through a HongKong mudfish node instead of a Sydney one that was recommended in my lowest RTT list. Same thing. Tried a Singapore one with the same result as well. If I use NewZ game item, it only changes my connection to about half of the servers.

I read through your technical support tickets for other games and saw you recommending to try full vpn mode on. So I did, here are the results:

Everything works perfectly with full vpn mode, ALL hong kong servers are affected and have 135 ping for me. So there must be something wrong with the game item config. Considering that right now, that destination servers are only showing routes to HongKong / Canada / Europe servers, I am guessing that you havent updated it in a while. Because about 1 year ago NewZ added also Oceanic and South American servers to the game. I would imagine if the game item had been updated recently, those two server destination options would also be available there for testing your connection.

I really hope you can help fix the NewZ Game item and make it function properly again. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. Cheers!

@spicytacos Thank you for these detailed screenshots. It looks definitely there’s a problem of the game item on the mudfish. :frowning:

Please send me some game packets using Packet Capture with Mudfish link while playing the game with Full VPN mode. I think you need to play the game at the game server which doesn’t work with the game item.

To update the game item of mudfish, I need some game packets to analyze.

@weongyo Thanks for your quick reply! I connected to two different servers and uploaded the packet dump for you. Hopefully that should be enough data to work with.
Do you need me to send a link to the packet dump topic that was made?

Nop. I’d leaved my answer at other topic you created at Private Support menu. Please check it there. :slight_smile: You can find your topics at https://mudfish.net/forums/iwrote link.

Thank you for these packet dump files!

Amazing everything is fixed! I can’t express how grateful I am. Mudfish is by far the best vpn out there, with constant support for any issues you have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.