Mudfish Russia Sign In issue

18.08.2024 - a problem with log in started to occur.
Up until now it was working fine.
I cannot sign in and access dashboard without VPN, so it looks like it’s getting blocked in Russia now?
Tried both -t and -O with no help it seems.

I can access dashboard with VPN / GoodbyeDPI but after connecting to a node it’s only packet loss.

It shows me this without VPN when I try to access https://mudfish.net/

That’s weird because I can access it with Edge browser without VPN. Originally I used Firefox.

However the list of nodes is completely different from the list that I was seeing / using before (the lowest one was RU Europe (Novosibirsk - JustHosting) with ~110 RTT)

Not sure what’s going on, is the ISP messing with the settings?

Same issue. Problem occured starting today.

Same issue here. Cant access mudfish.net without VPN/GoodByeDPI.
After some tweaking here and there (changing protocol to tcp/icmp etc) i’m able to get access to correct nodes list

But i either cant connect to those (its permanently in a state displayed on screenshot below)

Or if it connects, i get full packet loss, same as Merem

Same issue. Was working yesterday.

same, all worked yesterday, but today it’s started to behave like that

Same for me… (Russia)

same issue
can only access dashboard while using goodbyedpi
but connection not really working and while testing nodes in proxifier it giving me errors

Okay, it started working again for me, atleast for now.

Same for me, tried doing the Connecting Mudfish in China, doesn’t help, can’t connect to Master Server.

Still doesnt work all Russian nodes are affected (info from my friends from Kazakhstan) and everyone who used mudfish in Russia. Most likely blocked by protocol.
And no response from dev/mods for 3+ days is dissapointing.

Update from me: Managed so sign in randomly, found one node that works, “ES Europe (Madrid - VPSCool)”, many other ones return differing errors. Self-Diag still returns “Firewall Test: KR Asia (S. Korea - KT3 IDC) UDP Port” Failed, as all other tests after it.

:frowning: Not good… If I checked this issue properly, it seems there’s multiple events are happening in Russia.

• It seems from russia, it starts to block a DNS query to the open public DNS servers such as 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 or etc. So when I used a open DNS server which locates in Russia, it works fine to look up.
  • And it looks like they start to block mudfish.net domain.

So it looks like this issue is very similar with what’s happening in China. I’m not sure Connecting Mudfish in China link is helpful to overcome this issue, but please check.

@Merem Did you try to access https://mudfish.us link too? This domain is alternative one to bypass the domain filtering issue.

I can access the dashboard (works better in Chromium based browsers for some reason) and even connect to the available nodes. The list is basically the same as I posted before, but I’ll post it again for clarity and to show what’s available now.

The whole segment of Russian and maybe some EU nodes is gone. They were providing sub-200 RTT before the issue had occured.

So it kind of works but the access to the relevant nodes was lost.

I see. :frowning: However in my opinion, this issue could very related with Russia-Ukraine war. I think the status in ISPs of Russia are very unstable or becomes very restrictive nowadays.

When I checked the mudfish nodes in Russia, they are suffered from the connection issue to the international lines. So I think this issue is happening on most of data centers in Russia. Let me monitor this issue a little bit more but please be aware that this case is out of Mudfish’s control because it’s related to the upstream ISP…

Thank you for your reply, https://mudfish.us doent work too. Most likely DPI in Russia is filtering any packet that contains mudfish in it.
Most of Us use GoodByeDPI by ValdikSS (https://github.com/ValdikSS/GoodbyeDPI) to bypass that (even now, to access mudfish forums for example). maybe something similar can be implemented for mudfish nodes in russia so they would work properly?
If needed can provide options for that program, which works for most ISP in russia

also idk but guide say
For desktop, we can find ‘fire’ icon at the top when you see the sign-in menu after launching Mudfish
idk even where that fire icon xD
but ye can access dashboard but nodes doesnt work
and i was using proxifier most of the time and when you check proxy status there it doesnt work either

Interesting… Just for testing purpose, could you please access https://mudfish.uk/ then? I’m not sure which level of DPI is working in their firewall. I need to narrow down a little bit more.

Sorry for a poor document. The fire icon locates at:

If the nodes doesn’t work properly, did you check How to check the basic functionality with a mudfish node you picked? If it doesn’t work properly, please try to change Connection Protocols and test it again…

I can open this forum, mudfish.net, mudfish.uk without DPI bypass (in chrome), but most mudfish nodes don’t work (only 1 european node still works afaik)