No change in ping after using mudfish. same ping as ISP

Hi im new to mudfish and my main use of mudfish is for league of legends. I set up item configuration as league of legends Europe west and I route my traffic from Mumbai Amazon Lightsail - baharain AWS. On mudfish it shows that the latency is 159Ms (which is what I expected) but when I open and load into a game the latency is 198Ms-210Ms in the game. Im wondering what the problem is because 198 -210 is what I get without a VPN from my ISP’s normal routing. Please help me, I am hoping to use mudfish for a long time if this service is good.

This means that the server you choose isn’t helping. It shows 198-210ms because you have to consider the latency from you, going into the ISP, going to the Mudfish server then to the game server. I say the ping is pretty much reasonable. As a rule of thumb, always add around 30-40ms to the ping you get on the dashboard

hey ardyey thank you for your reply. The main reason I got mudfish was because my previous ISP was able to give me 167-173Ms (with no VPN) on their default routing. I changed my isp to switch to 200MBPS connection and this new ISP’s default routing is 198Ms. Because my physical location is still the same I was wondering is there a way to have a similar ping to my previous ISP by optimizing the path. Could the ping be lower if I run in full VPN mode instead of running League as an item?

Running in Full VPN is actually worse and consumes way more data.

In regards to your concern about getting the same ping, we actually have no control over that as it’s the ISPs job to handle the routing of your connection. We use mudfish so that we can override the ISPs routing. For now, try to use Auto Selection for node selection in mudfish. If the ping is still high, then I’m afraid we cannot do anything else.

@haeylm Please test with Full VPN mode enabled first. If it’s helpful, please let me know again.

If it works fine with Full VPN mode but doesn’t work with the game item only, it means there’s a problem in the mudfish game item.

I tried using nimakin and mudfish parallelly, the ping improved a bit. I get 180-183 ms ( like 14 Ms lower than my ISP). In full VPN mode the ping was 176Ms (19ms lower than ISP). Tested both on same node : Mumbai Lightsail

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.